Friday, September 17, 2010

Rabbit Stick Anyone?

    People always ask me why I live in Idaho. It baffles them that a globe trotter like myself, a person that has gone and seen, would call Idaho home. What is there to do? What possible fun could be had? Here is just one answer I would have no shame in giving them, Rabbit Stick! 
    Having just returned moments ago from my second year as a participant in the Thursday evening bonfire the sights sounds and smells are fresh in my senses. It has officially become a tradition I intend to keep. Rabbit Stick is a primitive skills encampment that lasts week located just off the banks of the historic Henry's fork of the Snake River. At this encampment participants learn to live off of the land. The treat is Thursday night when participants get a little crazy while dancing around a huge bonfire to the hypnotic beats of some 20-30 drums. Your participation level depends on how comfortable you feel. Many dress as animals or dress very little at all. No matter the attire or lack there of the feeling of letting go and pure freedom and acceptance is felt in this family of fun loving hippies. If your ever in Idaho I highly suggest checking it out!




No comments:

Post a Comment