Tuesday, October 26, 2010

One more reason why you should grow a mustache! Haters!


    A month ago I fell ill with the flu. Subsequently I was kicked out of my place of living and spent a week crashed out on a friends couch. Over a relatively short period of time I began to grow some scruff. Mostly due to laziness, I allowed the scruff to evolve into a relatively respectable patch of hair.
    One evening I was called into work and my boss commented on my appearance, and I was coerced into "cleaning up my act". So I turned my grizzly appearance into a mustache or moustache if your Canadian. I decided to balance it out with a mini soul patch( reference Zoro, Don Juan or Elliot Smith if you need a visual).
    After allowing my mustache to mature a bit I began to research mustache care and maintenance. I discovered the AMI(American Mustache Institute) http://www.americanmustacheinstitute.org/ along with a few other websites I feel less inclined to mention. The one I was most impressed with was Movember.
     The story behind Movember starts as any great story would start, with a few Oz's sitting around a table with a few pints of Australian beers. What evolved from that fateful evening in 2003 was an organization of men world wide that raise awareness to men's health and the fight against cancer. They accomplish this goal by bringing back man's greatest symbol of manhood... the mustache! The name Movember was created by smashing the words mustache and November. Basically, MoBros as they call the growers grow the mustaches starting on the 1st through the month of November and the MoSisters(the women that support the men in their quest) help retrieve donations for each grower.
for more information on Movember, how you can participate, or just check out the sweet site, click the link below:
http://us.movember.com/?home

No comments:

Post a Comment