hometown: Medina, Ohio
artistic medium: ink and pencil drawings
1. Me: What is your favorite kind of bubble?
Drew: Soap bubbles, because they have rainbows in them.
2. Me: What motivates you to get out of bed in the morning?
Drew: Nothing, I usually stay in bed until I'm not tired anymore. well, I guess people motivate me to get out of bed. I get out of bed to be with people.
3. Me: What in pop culture would you say most motivates your artwork the most( e.g. music,film, literature, etc.)?
Drew: I am really influenced by pop culture Dragon Ball Z, Cartoons in general are really magical! Hayao Miyazaki's films,Spirited Away, are super influential(.http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0594503/.) Music is also definately a tool in creating my art. I listen to music a lot while I draw. Usually what I is drawn from observations in my life.
4. Me: Who would you say, in your opinion, is the best artist producing art currently?
Drew: James Gene, Andrew Hem
Check out these artists work by clicking the links below:
5. Me: If it were your job to create and name colors, what color would you make? What would it look like? and what would you name it?
Drew: I would create a color that would be reddish/greenish/brown and I would name it Carbose! I like red-ish/maroon-ish colors.
To take a look at Drew's work check out his website Compact Sonic Lavender by clicking the link below
or to check out his flicker click the link below:
an uncensored version of the video interview may or may not be available soon once i figure out how to do it...